John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a side by side ge refrigerator model psdw3ygxcfss. my

Customer Question

i have a side by side ge refrigerator model psdw3ygxcfss. my refrigerator doesn't stay cold, freezer stays cold (frozen)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
The fridge side has its own coil and fan, so the problem is either that the coil is frozen up or the fan is not running. You will need to remove the cover behind the drawers to see what is going on and then I can tell you what to check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fan doesn't come on. Been unplugged for a day.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Then that has most likely failed. Replace it. Repairclinic.com allows returns, so you may want to buy it from them in case the problem is in the main board though that is doubtful from my experiences on these. There is no accurate way to test that motor-only replacing it will show you if that was it or not. The motor is not sold by itself- it comes in that cover assembly and is expensive.