Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My LG 3 door fridge LFC25760ST has a lighting. When I close

Customer Question

My LG 3 door fridge LFC25760ST has a lighting. When I close the door, the 2lights wont go off, the fridge runs forever trying to pump out the heat generated from the lights. Obviously I have removed the lights for now but I eventually have to get the lights
back on. Its not a problem with the light switch because neither on is functioning so I assume its an electronic problem. Any thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this is a fairly common issue on these units. The control board on the back is bad. The relay on the board for the lights is welded shut. You will need to replace the board to fix this issue for sure. You caught it before the light housing melted which is very common. So good work because most don't notice it until it's to late.If you're handy, you can make the repair yourself. You can get the board locally or by clicking here. The board is on the back. It has all plug and play connections on it. It's a very straight forward repair. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you