Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My lg dishwasher 3850dd3006e overfqlowed onto my kitchen floor

Customer Question

My lg dishwasher 3850dd3006e overfqlowed onto my kitchen floor with 23 minutes left on the cleaning cycle. I stopped the cycles disconnect the appliance, pulled it to the middle of the kitchen and remove and cleaned the inside filter. Reconnected everything, started a rinse cycle and within a minute water was gushingback on the floor. How do I tell if its a pump problem. I dont think it is a drain problem because when I first pulled it out, water was empty thru the drain line.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, did you hear the water valve shut off or did it keep letting water in? What is the model number from the sticker on the dishwasher? Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model no is the first bit of info I provided but let's try again: 3850dd3006e. The water was flowing so fast I had no time to observe anything but the instant it started overflowing 15 seconds into the cycle.
It sounds like either the control is sending power to the valve or the valve is staying open. You need to check the water valve for voltage. If power is present after it fills to a normal level, the control is bad. If no power is present and water is coming in replace the valve because the solenoid is bad on the valve.