AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 10 years
76126576

I have a samsung rs2530bbp refrigerator that stop cooling.

Customer Question

I have a samsung rs2530bbp refrigerator that stop cooling. The ice cube light just blinks. I replace the main control board in the back of the refrigerator. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 2 years ago.
Unplug the unit for 10 minutes and see if the unit resets. Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
didn't work
Okay. Unplug the board a few times and reconnect it. Make sure the wiring isn't damaged. If that don't work then you have possibly gotten a faulty board so take it back and get another. That light blinking is indicating the control board is faulty.
Please remember to rate me above a 3 so I get credit for helping you. Rating me does not stop you from still asking questions for help. Thank You.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I figured it out. It looks like my ice maker is faulty and not letting the control board finish posting during a reset, which prevents it from fully functioning.
That was my next step was to check the ice maker. Sometimes you can empty the bin and place it back and it works. Let me know if you need more help and please remember to rate me so I gain credit for helping you.