Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

My whirlpool quiet partner control panel no longer works.

Customer Question

My whirlpool quiet partner control panel no longer works...no lights, no nothing. HISTORY: There were dishes being washed. The soak button was accidently turned on, but was turned off before the wash cycle. Now there is water still inside the dish washer and the control panel has no lights and nothing happens when you push any buttons. I shut the electricity off at the junction box for one minute. Still nothing.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Depending on the exact model you have, this may be the door lock.If the display wouldnt normally light until the door was shut, check the door switch.If on your model, the display is lit before the door is closed, please let me have the full model number? ThanksRob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model number du1055xtvs1. When i shut the door, it clicks shut as usual.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
So, on this model, there should be lamps lit on the display before the door is closed, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not sure i understand the question. The lamps light once the door is locked and you press the buttons

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi What I mean is, if you press the buttons and the door is open, the laps should be lit. Is this how it used to be?Does it do this now, or are there no lights on at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wow.cant recall. But there are no light now. If i were to guess i would say the lights worked when door is open

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Thats what I believe to be the case as wellThat rules out the door lock
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
have you tried something else in that socket to verify the socket is good?Do you have , and know how to use, a multimeter?Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry mowing lawn. This washer is inset into my kitchen cabinets so i dont have access to a socket. That is why i turned off power to my house for one minute

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
OK, Im afraid that unless you can turn off the power you cant really do anything to test this, as the next step would be to take the outer part of the door off to check the main board
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will need to call for service. Thx

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
HIIt seems that way as you cant disconect the supplyAll the bestRob