Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The symbols on both the icemaker and frig are saying OF. I

Customer Question

The symbols on both the icemaker and frig are saying OF. I cannot get it to go back on.....very worried I will lose all my food, and don't know who to call. I am 76 with a disabled husband. Please help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dave. What happens when you press and hold the Fridge button for 3 seconds?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It goes to power cool, but the OF light is still on and the frig is not cooling.

Okay, try this. Hold the Energy Saver button for 3 seconds and then try to set the controls again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I do that now none of the numbers come up at all.

Okay, press and hold it again to see if it resets and unplug the refrig for a minute and then try again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The numbers come up now, but flash back to OF. Unfortunately I have no one here to move the frig out from the wall to unplug it.

Okay, I will opt out to see if another expert can help you.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So Dave is correct on how to reset the issue but OF OF means that the refrigerator is in "DEMO" mode and it's quite difficult to accidentally put the refrigerator into demo mode. If it exits demo but goes right back into OF OF again, then you just have a faulty display control board. You need to remove all your food and put it in another refrigerator or if you don't have one maybe you can ask a neighbor because the unit will warm up and the display board must be replaced before the refrigerator will function properly again. I'm sorry about the bad news.