Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Kenmore downdraft will not stay up. I have replaced

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore downdraft will not stay up. I have replaced switch on right side in an attempt to fix it, however it doesn't seem to have done anything. If I hold the telescopic vent with my hand when it opens it stays open and the blower starts to work,
however when I let go it turns off and retracts. It seems that there must be something responding to the pressure or weight of the unit which kicks in the retract cycle. I've got 7 days until the close of my house and I need to get this fixed, otherwise I
will need to purchase a new one. Any last ditch efforts I can try before I lay down more cash?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found out there is another switch that deals with my exact issue. I will purchase and install. I'll update question when completed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The issue does indeed lie with a limit switch that is designed to turn the motor off when the top limit is reached. There is also one that monitors the bot***** *****mit. That is how it knows when to shut the motor off. Let me know how it goes after the switch is replaced.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?