Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Frigidaire Gallery Trio ice maker will not drop the ice

Customer Question

My Frigidaire Gallery Trio ice maker will not drop the ice into the ice bucket. Then it fills the ice cube "tray" with more water to make more ice, moves to the popsicle style ice making, the new water overflows as the old ice cubes have not dropped/ejected into the bucket
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If you live in an area of hard water, the cube tray that molds the cubes may have a build up of minerals on it that is preventing the cubes from dropping. Also, they may be frozen in from being overfilled and the tray just needs to be cleaned out. Can you use hot water to thaw the cubes completely to see what happens during the next cycle, please?