Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

The whirlpool H2Low started on its own* with out pushing any

Customer Question

the whirlpool H2Low started on its own* with out pushing any sensor lights and without closing the lid.
*It began to fill with water.
I unplugged it hoping to reset itself .
Plugged it back in and then the machine did the same thing..*started up again filling with water and without and sensor lights
any suggestions??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, what is the make and model number so I can better assist you?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Type 588-10
model WTW4950XW2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whirlpool H2Low wash system energy star
Thank you. When the washer is filling up are the lights under the knob on or off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lights off and the lid had also been UP as i was in Kitchen at time and washer started on its own no lights no lid down
Thank you. The control board is the only thing that would cause this issue. You will need to replace the board to fix this issue for sure. If you're handy, you can make the repair yourself. The board is held in place with a plastic tab and the wires are all plug and play type. You can get the part locally or by clicking hereWe work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you...
You're most welcome. Happy to help.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you