Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My GE convection oven, 10 years old, Model# ***** Serial

Customer Question

My GE convection oven, 10 years old, Model# ***** Serial #: AG2 02130 O (or Q) has a sudden problem. While cleaning the control panel, which I have done a thousand times, all electronic pilots for the four burners started firing in unison every 4 or so seconds. I had to unplug it to stop. That did not reset and the same thing continued. Also on the control panel, bake and probe are blinking, one then the other, repeatedly.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
This is a common issue but it should likely resolve itself if you just unplug the unit for 24 hours and let everything dry out. What happens is that water from cleaning the cooktop drops under the knob onto the spark switches. Usually if you just let everything dry out it will begin to function normally in 24 hours. If not, then one of your spark switches was shorted from the water dripping on it and the spark switch would need to be replaced.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tyler, thanks for responding, I will try this. if this doesn't work can I write you back and not pay anymore until it is solved? P. Kevin. So how do I get you again. Was that $28?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Yes of course. If you need anything else there is an E-mail sent out to you with a link to come back so you can ask follow-up questions and not have to pay again. And yes the charge was $28
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks. Actually I had NEVER actually cleaned in those knob wells before so your suggestion makes sense. So, is this exclusively a GE help site?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
This is not exclusively a GE hep site. We provide help for many different brands of appliances. There are other experts who handle different brands if they are an expert on that brand.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.