Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have an LG electric range. The oven heats up to max temperature

Customer Question

I have an LG electric range. The oven heats up to max temperature every time you turn it on, either on bake or convection. I replaced the thermal fuse, sensor and the electronic control board. I still have the same problem I did before I replaced these parts.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, the only thing left is the wire harness. You have to either have a broken wire or loose connection. I would start with the temp sensor wire connection and work back to the board. I would suspect a broken wire or loose connection there since the sensor tells the control board when to stop sending voltage. I would ohm the wires out and make sure they have continuity. Based on what you've replaced that's the only thing left.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked all the connections. I have continuity on the sensor and the wires that lead to the sensor. I tried the oven again and it went over 450 when it was set for 350
Ohm the sensor from the control board connection. Is it the same as if you tested it right at the sensor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 34 at the connection that connects to the sensor. about 30 at the connection that attaches to the board
30 ohms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not an expert on the meter. I have it on resistance. I pushed the needles into the wire side of the connection again. I got 37.00 + or - at the wire before it goes into the sensor, with the other end plugged in the board. I unplugged the connection at the board and plugged it back into the sensor and got about 37.00 + or -. Is that what you wanted me to do?
Yes, that is correct. The only other part that would cause this is the relay baord. You replaced the main control board right? Click here for part
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes. the main board that has 15 or so connections to it. it is the one that displays the time and oven temp
Yes, the only other part is the board in the link above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so you believe that is the problem? the other board in the link in the prior message?
Yes, the oven relay pcb is the only part you haven't replaced. You've replaced every other part and say the wire connections and wires themselves are good.