Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Jon - I have a Samsung fridge that the power cool button

Customer Question

Hi Jon - I have a Samsung fridge that the power cool button randomly comes on and off blinking and dinging - none of the other buttons work now on the control panel. I made sure it is level and flush and it is pulled away from the wall. No ice or buildup on the backside either. I called Samsung and they were clueless. I tried the reset option of holding the power cool and power freeze buttons down at the same time for at least ten seconds and nothing happened. I have unplugged it too. I took apart the entire control panel and nothing looks worn or out of place or damaged. It started about a month ago and there is no pattern to it. It fluctuates the temp in the fridge between 27-38 degrees. It is a RB215ABBP model. Oh did I mention, it is literally making me insane with the dinging.....HELP PLEASE !
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, when you unplug it does the beeping stop? If so, for how long?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes - it starts back as soon as we plug it in
Thank you. The only thing that would cause this issue is the control itself. There is an electrical glitch or short in the board. Unfortunately, the control board would need to be replaced to fix this issue.
If you're handy, you can make this repair yourself. You can get the part from any local appliance parts house or sears parts.