Appl-Tech
Appl-Tech, Service Technician
Experience:  Over twenty seven years in the appliance service business
69602385

I have a KitchenAid dishwasher MOD: KUDK03CTSS3 SN:

Customer Question

I have a KitchenAid dishwasher
MOD: KUDK03CTSS3
SN: FW1602269
The dishwasher seems to be functioning normal except that:
After the fill cycle, the dishwasher goes into wash/rinse mode and it only takes a couple minutes for the circulation pump to be running dry. The water seems to start draining again as soon as the wash/rinse cycle starts.
Any troubleshooting tips?
Thanks
Sam Soroka
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for letting us answer your questions. We appreciate your business!
If the dishwasher is draining out the water between cycles or shortly after it fills, I would say that the drain hose has somehow dropped.
The end of the hose has to b at least 18 higher than the water level inside the machine when it fills.
I think the water is just siphoning out of the machine after it fills.
Find out where the DW drain ends and raise it up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The drain hose comes out from the bottom and raises up the side 18" before looping back down, as it is held in place by straps from the factory.
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.
The question is where does it end? If the end of the hose is lower than the water level, it will siphon out of the machine.Unless, it is actually being pumped out under power from the pump, which would indicate an electrical problem.Find the end and move it to a higher location and see if the problem comes back. Disconnect the hose and put the end into a sink or any place that will get it up higher than the water inside the machine,
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.
Were you able to test that diagnosis out?
I was curious to see if you found out anything.