Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

how to install new connectors for door close dishwasher

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

I'm not sure exactly what parts you're trying to replace. Do you have part numbers and can you clarify what part you're trying to replace?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Rope connector part # XXXXX attaches to spring inside door. Closes door, secures it

That does not attach inside the door. This cable connects to the door hinge and to the spring. Just pull the dishwasher out and there are 2 cables. One is on the right side of the dishwasher and the other is on the left side. Just look at the side which isn't broken as a reference to install the spring and cable on the side that is broken.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Both sides are broken. Have no reference to look at. There is a pulley inside I think the rope goes around pulley. When I try this it becomes slack and doesn't work. Where does spring attach?

So look at the hinge and one end of the cable connects to the part I circled below.

graphic

The other end of the cable connects to the spring. The other end of the spring connects to the bac, frame of the dishwasher below the tub.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will try this ,one minute

good luck