Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

GE Microwave oven. Cooked bacon for 4 min x2 and the microwave

GE Microwave oven. Cooked bacon for 4 min x2 and the microwave top went black, oven still works, model JPT90SP2SS. Serial Z7600798Q probably fuse, but don't have manual for location

Bryan :

Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today.

Bryan :

the internal fuse in the microwave control has blown.

Line Fuse WB27X10388      Main Product View
Full Size Image
its an in line fuse, lowes sells the fuses. you will need to unplug the unit or shut the breaker off and open the control panel. the fuse is number 562 on this diagram.
Full Size Image
you need to replace it. take the old fuse to Lowes and they will get you the correct one. thanks and Merry Christmas, Bryan

Customer: Do you have access to manual for this appliance, I think it's a fuse but don't have manual, the microwave portion w clock and controls went Blake
Customer: Black
Bryan :

I'm sorry I don't have a manual but do have the link to all the diagrams. here it is. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/GE-Parts/Wall-oven-Parts/Model-JTP90SP2SS/0432/0125400?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=JTP90SP2SS just click that link. I think you should be able to do this with those diagrams. thanks, Bryan

Customer: 10-4 merry christmas
Bryan :

Same to you and yours, Please remember to rate my service 3 or above before you sign off, If you need more info, please ask me – I’ll be happy to reply. You can always ask follow-up questions until you have the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: I rated wrong.!,,,
Bryan :

okay if you can please just say what rating you would like to give me , 3 or above is good. just say 3,4,5 if you wish to rate me good.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried to reply stating hit the wrong rating face
thanks you , you changed it. have a great new years ! Bryan