Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Why is the extra rinse button blinking on my whirlpool front

Why is the extra rinse button blinking on my whirlpool front load washer? How do I fix this?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number for your washer so that I can better assist you and see if this is an error code? The model should be located on a sticker just inside the door.

Also, is the rinse button blinking all the time no matter what? What happens if you try to start a cycle?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Lhw005q4 is the model. The rinse button stops blinking if I switch to no spin and spin on the wash cycle dial. None of the cycle indicators are lit for me to try and wash.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model is lhw0050pq4
OK so that actually isn't an error code for this model which means you either have a shorted control board or one of your buttons is stuck on the front display. Push each button to make sure they all still push in and pop back out. This model is known for having buttons that stick behind the control panel. If all the buttons still work, then the main control board would need to be replaced. If one of the buttons is stuck, then you'd need to remove the top of the washer, unmount the touch board and re-install it to unstick the button.