Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag refrigerator, MF12665XEM6, with water and ice

I have a Maytag refrigerator, MF12665XEM6, with water and ice in the door. These are working fine, however there is water leaking from the front door of the freezer unit onto the floor. There is no water behind the frisdge where the lines are located. I have had the fridge for over a year with no problem like this until now. Any ideas? Thanks! Kerry

Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. is there a sheet of ice on the floor of the freezer ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

okay this is a defrost drain issue. you have to defrost your drain behind the panel in the inside back of the freezer behind your food, please stand by while I pull up diagrams.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. Thanks!

okay found them, now this being a bottom freezer its a little tougher, What you need to do is remove the panel number 11 on this diagram once the panel is out there will be silver coils, under those coils in the middle is a defrost drain hole ( you probably wont see it until you melt the ice) take boiling water and pour it over the ice until it all melts and the water drains freely again. this is a common issue, they make a drain strap heater you can install to avoid this in the future, heres the link to order it. Drain heater Drain Strap 819043 Main Product View this will fix your issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, I'll give that a try. Thanks!

your very welcome , we do a ton of these and I know that will fix it. thanks and Please remember to rate my service 3 or above before you sign off, If you need more info, please ask me - I'll be happy to reply. You can always ask follow-up questions until you have the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you! Bryan