Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Maytag mdbh969aww5. install manual indicates drain must be

Maytag mdbh969aww5. install manual indicates drain must be 20" above floor. grain line is already looped up the side, 20" or so and then to house drain. do i need to loop it up 20" again? And ...if I didn't what part would fail. Impeller?
Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. are you talking about the loop that the hose does attached to the side of the dish washer as the 20 " high loop ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes - wondering if it's necessary to create a second loop as install manual indicates. And.....reason I ask is when "normal" is selected to wash - sump fills but then only whine - no water movement. I suspected I screwed up and burnt something out by not installing with the "second" loop above 20". Now I have to fix. Any ideas?

how much water is in the bottom of the machine after this fills ? start the machine and let it fill then open the door and look. let me know in inches.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I - of course - have pulled the machine out...but when filled it came to the top of the sump - probably 1 1/2",

okay so basically you want a loop under the sink also this diagram shows you how it should go. bottom left is no garbage disposal and the right is with one. that prevent a siphon affect.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK I got that, but why won't the wash cycle - wash. All
I get is a whine and no water movement.

well the water level is to low so the sump cant build up water pressure, is this brand new ? if so lifting the drain should fix that problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Pretty new - 1 year of use.
I'll raise the drain and give it a go. If that doesn't work can we hook up again - I see the link above!

And thanks

okay yes you can come back anytime and we can continue even after you rate me , so Please remember to rate my service 3 or above before you sign off, If you need more info, please ask me - I'll be happy to reply. You can always ask follow-up questions until you have the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you! Bryan