Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hi, Jenn-air refrigiretor model jfc2070krw. After performing

Hi, Jenn-air refrigiretor model jfc2070krw.
After performing Defrost Thermostat & Defrost Circuit Test
I have reading o (open) for defrost thermostat test. All others are fine. A lot of snow on coils and is not cooling.
Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The defrost thermostat should read closed at all times unless the thermostat is above 32 degrees. If there is frost on the coils and the defrost thermostat is open, you need to thaw all the frost out with a hair dryer so that the air can circulate properly again. Then you need to order and replace the defrost thermostat because it has failed. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for defrost thermostat

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Where is it? I did not see it in bottom (freezer) department

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
You must remove everything in the freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer. The defrost thermostat is clipped onto the top of the silver evaporator coils behind the back panel inside the freezer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I can't believe I did not see it. I've been focused on white tubular thermistor on the right side. Thank you very much, I hope this will fix it!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Not a problem at all. If the thermostat doesn't have continuity through it and the coils are frosted, then that thermostat will definitely fix the problem. It's actually the most common part to fail on this model I've found.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.