Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi, I have an LG LFC22740SB. The problem started as a noisy

I have an LG LFC22740SB. The problem started as a noisy evaporator fan. I found an on line video how to inspect it and did so. The problem is not the fan but ice build up. So I think my problem is the Defrost cycle.
I checked the heater for continuity - good. Put the two part thermistor in ice water and checked the red/brown pair - continuity. Checked the org/org pair - no reading. Where do I go from here?
Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where do I go from here to fix the defrost issue?

Okay you put this in ice water and checked continuity ? Defrost Thermostat 6615JB2005C Main Product View
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes.

Red/brown - continuity.

Orange/orange - no reading

okay well if the heater and the defrost thermostat both checked out the only other part of the defrost system is the control board in these. Main Control Board EBR36222901 Main Product Viewthe control board has the defrost control built in. you need to order and replace it, The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Control board I hope this helps, Please remember to rate my service 3 or above before you sign off, If you need more info, please ask me - I'll be happy to reply. You can always ask follow-up questions until you have the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you! , Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The no reading on the org/org pair is that go or bad?

you mean when you unplug the defrost thermostat and test the refrigerator end ? I'm not sure which orange orange your talking about ? is that what you meant ? no continuity ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

DefrostThis has four wires.

The red/brown pair had continuity.

The orange/orange pair did not.

Is that normal or defective?

oh I see what you mean. but when you go brown to orange you get continuity ? the orange / orange is the temp sensor and doesn't have continuity all the time. only when it gets warmer does that connect and have continuity.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are two pair.

Red/brown - continuity - fuse

Orange/orange - none - thermistor?

that's correct. then the defrost thermistor is bad, sorry I miss understood how you were testing this, that's actually good news, the thermostat is only $12.30, heres the link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Defrost-Thermostat/6615JB2005C/1268258?modelNumber=LFC22740SB?RCAID=1000065 make sure you defrost the freezer completely with a hair dryer before putting this back together.