Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

samsung rf4287 fridge showing error code OF on fridge and freezer

samsung rf4287 fridge showing error code OF on fridge and freezer control panel
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

When the display is showing OF OF, it actually means that your refrigerator is stuck in "demo" mode. This should be a fairly easy issue to fix if the display board isn't bad. To exit demo mode, just press and hold the POWER FREEZE and ENERGY SAVER buttons together for 5 seconds and that should exit demo mode. If that doesn't work, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and plug the unit back in to try again. If it still won't exit, the display board is shorted for some reason and would need to be replaced.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Wow! so far so good. the code went off. now just making sure it is going to cool down

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Awesome, I'm glad I could help. It will take a while for the unit to cool down, but it should be down to the correct temperatures in about 12 hours or so.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

so...should i wait for 12 hrs to do the rating or am i able to come back and get more answers if it does not work?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
You are able to come back and ask follow-up questions even after rating me if for some reason you need any more assistance. There is no charge for follow-up questions so I'll be hear to help until the problem is fixed one way or another. We don't leave you out to dry so to speak.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.