Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Electrolux front loader washer model # XXXXX error code

Electrolux front loader washer model # XXXXX error code e a5
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this error EA5 means that your washer isn't sending good power coming into the washer from your house properly. Make sure you have 120 volts coming in from the power cord. If everything checks good, your main control board would need to be ordered and replace which is part numberNNN-NN-NNNNand costs about $120 or so.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

didn't check voltage but machine turns on and lights up. would unplugging and plugging back in reset it?

Possibly, you can try to do that first, but if that doesn't fix the issue, you'd really need to test power because whether it's turning on and lighting up or not doesn't mean the washer is getting 110 volts. It could be getting 88 volts or something like that

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks