Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

whirlpool dryer with f2 code.Motor will start for a split second

whirlpool dryer with f2 code.Motor will start for a split second then stop.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number for your dryer so that I can better assist you and see what this error means?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wed6600wl0

Does F02 only appear when you are pulling up diagnostics? Or does it appear after the motor shuts down? Does anything appear after the motor shuts down?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it appears when motor doesn't run

OK so then this means that you either have a bad motor pulling too much power or a bad main control board. Error F02 does means that your dryer things one of your touchpad buttons is stuck, but obviously that's not the case when you've replaced the touchpad twice and it only appears after you've just started the dryer. The only way you can really test to see what is causing the problem is to unplug the motor wiring harness at the motor. Start a cycle and if the error still occurs, you need to replace the main control board. If the error doesn't appear, you'll need to order and replace the motor because it's pulling too much power and causing the control boards to act up.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!