Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Have a Hotpoint Gas Oven. Pilot never lit so I replaced the

Have a Hotpoint Gas Oven. Pilot never lit so I replaced the ignitor and I still can not get anything to work. I've held a lighter over a minute with the oven knob pushed in and still nothing. I used a voltmeter and checked all the connections and the power is fine. The range top works fine.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model : Rga724ek3wh

Serial # XXXXX

Thank you! Do you have a meter to test voltage with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. Where should I test? I have a good basic knowledge of how to work on electricty, not professional though

Great! There are two wires to the igniter. One wire comes from the gas valve and the other from the thermostat. Can you test the wire from the thermostat with one meter lead and place the other meter lead to any metal surface (ground) and test for 120 VAC when the thermostat is turned on, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't get a consistent number but it never gets above 1.0 V

Okay, so that tells us that the thermostat is faulty and not allowing the voltage through to the igniter. The thermostat is pictured and available below. Nice job!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!