Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

amana arb1914cw, bottom freezer. just bought it used and was

amana arb1914cw, bottom freezer. just bought it used and was told freezer too cold. defrosted, checked coils they look clean from front, and turned temp control knob of freezer to warmest, but compressor still constantly running, and freezer icing up bad.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there is only 1 thing that would cause both the refrigerator and freezer sections to be too cold and that is your thermostat. The thermostat isn't cutting out the compressor like it should be so the dial behind the freezer control knob is the part you need to replace. This will also fix the problem with the freezer getting too cold as well as the refrigerator although it's a bit complicated to explain way. Just understand that replacing this one part will fix both problems. The part number you'll need to replace is part number 67003000 and below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for thermostat

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for the quick answer...just to be clear- the fridge part is good, just the freezer keeps running and freezing up so bad the bottom drawer won't slide. still the therm?

Aye, it's the only thing that would make the freezer section too cold. The refrigerator section will get a bit too cold as well although you'll only notice it at the bottom crisper drawers and the problem will need to go on for a while before you start to notice it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks man! I had a hunch, but you look online and theres all kinds of answers out there. :)

Aye, not a problem at all. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to let me know.