Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have just moved to a home that has a microwave convection

I have just moved to a home that has a microwave convection cooking center. The microwave tray is not rotating. Is there a feature that controls this or do I need a service tech?
Thank you,
Rob
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me the model number from the sticker around the door please.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Mike,

serial # XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Can you give me a minute to look that up Rob
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Can you look the model number up again Rob, that one is not coming up on my system, the sticker will be around the door and will have the serial number there also.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

MODEL # XXXXX

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

Ok Rob,This unit does not have a feature to control the turn table, Remove the tray and check that when the button is hit the linkage under the tray turns and also that the tray is installed correctly, If the linkage is not turning then it is likely the motor under the unit has failed and will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you Mike. Upon further inspection I see that the wheel that fits into the gear that rotates has a broken fitting. Is this a part that is readily available for a unit built in 2005?

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Yes let me look that part up.
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Click on the link below, I assume this is the part Rob.

To order your replacement part>>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you Mike,

Yes, thats it. I will ask for you in the future.

Thank you for you help

Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Your Welcome Rob.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.