Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Tappan 220v electric oven - TEF361ESC - the oven hasnt

I have a Tappan 220v electric oven - TEF361ESC - the oven hasn't been easy to get up to temp and a couple of days ago, it stopped heating at all. Broiler element works, connections to oven element both look fine, no obvious shorts, burns, breaks. Suggestions?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there are no cut outs that will stop the bake element from working and allow the broil element to work which means that you either have a relay on your display control board that has shorted and isn't sending power to the bake element, or the bake element has failed. Now if you have a multimeter, you can unplug the oven and remove the element. Test for resistance or continuity through the element and you shoul have between 5 and 50 ohms. if everything checks good, then you'll need to order and replace the display control board because the relay has failed and is no longer sending power to the bake element. Below is a link to the display board you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tested the element and got no continuity or resistance.

OK so your element is bad for sure then. Below is a link to the element you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for element