Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kitchenaid Superba Microwave (microwave / convection

I have a Kitchenaid Superba Microwave (microwave / convection oven combo). When cleaning the microwave, my wife bumped the top rack (convection) and it knocked the rack loose. Per the manual, the ceramic hook is just twisted back in place, however it does not stay inserted. How do I get the ceramic hook in place? Manual at
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the ceramic insert won't stay held into the ceiling, then unfortunately it sounds like it has become damaged and either broke or shaves off enough to not hold into the ceiling properly. The part should just push up and twist into place, but if it's not holding up, you need to replace the ceramic support for the broil element if the ceiling doesn't look damaged. The part number you'd need to order is w10288008 for the ceramic support.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!