Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a Whirlpool WTW5300SQ0 and after washing, all of my

I have a Whirlpool WTW5300SQ0 and after washing, all of my clothes are covered in lint and/or larger patches of residue. I've read the manual and we've called Whirlpool to see if we can somehow clean the parts to see if that works, but that doesn't seem possible. Any thoughts before I go ahead and start looking for a new washer.
There is a product that is called WASHER MAGIC, works pretty good and not expensive, it is sold in most HOME IMPROVEMENT stores. It breaks down the grime that is attaching to the inner tub, that is flaking off and leaving residue on your clothes. you can click on the blue link below to see where you can purchase this product locally.

Click Here

washer magic Summit Brands

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there a way to also take apart the key pieces to clean?

Here is a service manual for a direct drive machine, it should show you how to remove the inner tub for cleaning...

Click here for manual

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, this is what we were looking for. I was quickly scanning the document and it does appear we can clean the inner tub. I assume that if we follow the steps, my husband will be able to do this himself?

Yes he should have no problem, it is a pretty easy machine to work on...