The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a magic chef mcuf85w freezer that doesnt work. THe

I have a magic chef mcuf85w freezer that doesn't work. THe compressor is running but real hot and I can hear fluid running in lines. Is it worth getting repaired? And if so, how much would it cost.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

Fel the line coming from the compressor (CAREFULLY). If it is warm near th ecompressor but cools the further you get from it it might be worth saving. If the line never gets cooler check all of the lines. If none of them are at least the tinyest bit cold you have a refrigerant leak and it depends where it is whether it is worth repairing.

Unfortunately most times the leak is in a major component. Compressor, evaporator, or condenser. In these cases its better off if you use it to raise worms in.

A simple evacuation, and recharge will run you about 100 - 200 bucks depending on the area you are in.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regrds, Smitty