The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I just replaced tbe door boot seal on my ge front loading washer,

I just replaced tbe door boot seal on my ge front loading washer, put everything back together, plugged it back in, and now the machine won't wash. I setup the wash like normal, hit start, the door locks, and it beeps 5 times, then appears to start, runs, but nothing happens. No movement, no water
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 7 months ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

Sounds like you may have missed a wire connection.

I will need the units model number to look up the schematics for you.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Wbvh5200j2

I didn't mess with any wires....that I am aware of

It is easy to knock the door latch wires loose.

One moment please.

Okay, Derek.

Lets see if it will run the on board diagnostics.

Please see the instructions below to enter your unit into the diagnostics mode. Once in diagnostics see if any error codes are stored and be sure to write them down.

Please post the results here and we can go from there.

SERVICE MODE

Unplug the washer.

To Enter: Press Signal-Delay-Signal-Delay (within 30 seconds of

plugging in washer).

To change from each test mode to the next press start or the equivelent of.

To Exit: Repeat Signal-Delay-Signal-Delay.

TEST LIST

"t01" Model ID

Verifies (or sets on new board) the proper Model id

"t02" Error Codes

Lists up to 10 control-detected problems

"t03" Software ID

Verifies using latest Control-eePROM-Inverter software

"t04" Exercise LCD/LEDs

Verifies that all the displays and buttons work

"t05" Pump Test

Test drain-out pump

"t06" Pressure Switch Test

Fills to all 3 levels, then pumps out water

"t07" Thermistor/Heater Test

Verifies that both the Thermistor and Heater work

"t10" Tumble Test

Verifies Washer Tumbles (i.e. Wash cycle)

"t11" Spin Test

Verifies Washer spins

"t12" Dispenser Test

Verifies Dispenser fill works-for all four fill modes

"t13" EOL Test

Performs End-of-Line test sequence

Sorry .... little edit here.

You need to unplug and wait for 30 secoonds. Plug it back in and run the key dance to put it in diags.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It won't go into diagnostics. I followed instructions, unplugging for 30 sec. Plugged it in, turned power on, and pressed signal, delay start, signal delay start and all I got was the 1h, 2h, after every time I pressed Delay Start

Okay. At least it is narrowed down to the control board, or a wire connected to it.

What you need to do is open it back up and make sure that all of the wires are connected and nothing has pulled loose,or pinched (check near the door lock for a wire under the boot).

It wouldn't hurt to pull the lower panel and check the door lock wires and everything at the bottom too.

Somewhere there is either a connection that is bad or yur control board chose this exact time to go south.

Check the wires good and if you find it great! If not just let me know and we can keep after it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. Is there a way to send you a picture? At the bottom panel, I see a yellow and red wire that dont connect to anything. However, it is not obvious where they could connect to.

There is a small white plastic piece nearby mounted on the bottom front of the drum.

Could that be it?

You can use the icon that looks like a paper clip to attach photos.

If they dont load properly you can use http://tinypic.com to upload them to.

Copy the last link in the list that appears after your picture has loaded and post it here. I will view it from there.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Couldn't find the paper clip....can you view this....

http://tinypic.com/r/2vb1oc9/5

The wires go to the thermistor. That is the white connector just forward and to the left of the wires. Hook one to each pole and you are good to go.

Doesnt matter which wire goes to what side.

You can eliminate the plastic and just solder them to the thermistor and then tape them off if you want.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards, Smitty

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well, I took the door off and also found that some wires had been disconnected.... So I reconnected them. I'm putting everything together now...will let you know how it goes

AWSOME!! Good Job, Derek!

Please dont forget to rate my assistance before you log off.

Thank you.

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances