Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a bosch frost free 40 - model number ksu405206w. The

I have a bosch frost free 40 - model number ksu405206w. The fridge is freezing up and the evaporator is freezing causing the drain hole to plug with ice. In turn causing the fridge to leak out through the door.
Is this a common problem and is it worth repairing?
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

Yes that is a common issue and well worth repairing. Typically it is an issue with the defrost system. Either the heater or defrost thermostat/thermister has gone bad. This causes the unit to freeze up and frost over. I would get it repaired if that is what you are inquiring and typically a repair from a company to get that fixed is about $150-225. If you need anything else let me know. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the help, I was concerned it was going to be more costly and thought a new fridge may have been on the cards.

Anyway, thanks again.

I understand and no it should bot cost too much to get fixed. I would get it checked out for sure.

All I ask is that you rate my service. Thanks