Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a kenmore 110 47789 701, the power comes on with all

I have a kenmore 110 47789 701, the power comes on with all the lights. All the functions work except it will not turn on. When you press the start button no sound is heard. If the door is open and press start you hear a beep.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you clarify a few things please? You said that the "power comes on with all the lights". Does that mean that all the lights on the control panel are turning on when youturn the washer on? Or just the ones that you have the cycle selecte for?

Also, you say when you press start and the door is shut, no sounds are heard at all. Does that means it doesn't beep? Does the door lock? What happens to the display exactly?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just the lights I have the cycle set for. Also, the door does not lock when I press start THere is no beep when press start. THere is a beep when I press other buttons. When the door is open and I press start I do hear a beep.

OK so there isn't a problem with your door latch since it beeps when the door is open, and the lights don't start flashing after you press the start button indicating there is an error with the latch. If nothing is reacting when you press the start button, you just have a problem with either the main CCU control board or the interface control board (the part behind the control panel where you push all the different buttons). By far the more likely problem is going to be the CCU but there is no way to test between the two boards to know for certain. That is why I would recommend ordering the part from because they will allow you to return control boards if you end up not needing them unlike most parts stores. The part number for the CCU is W10157911 and it's located in the front right corner under the top panel of the washer. The part number for the interface board kit is W10319810 and it's behind the control panel.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!