Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

model number 795.77552600 refrigerator lights stays on and

model number 795.77552600 refrigerator lights stays on and burnt ceiling of refrigerator. when i press the door switches in nonething happen. I suppect these door switch are wired in series and one of them could be bad or could this be a control board issue.
When I worked for SEARS, we had a recall on these units, where we replaced the light fixture that had a thermostat that shut the light off if it got to hot, also we replaced the control board on the back of the unit, you would have to contact Sears to see if this was in the recall list...

Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

This was a common issue on that unit. The relays on the board sticks closed and the light circuit stays on melting the housing. They redesigned the board to correct the issue. Here is a link to it.

CLICK HERE
As I said in my answer, that this was under recall, SEARS may fix it for free, I said that the light fixture and the main board would have to be replaced.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech