Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

fridge mod #f45wr24c. the ice dispenser door flap opens but

fridge mod #f45wr24c. the ice dispenser door flap opens but doesnt close by itself

Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

If the door is not closing the return spring has likely broken or the actuator heat motor is sticking and not returning correctly. You have to take off the front panel and housing to get at it. There are a couple small screws under the edge of the front panel. You have to get down and look up underneath to see them. The front panel will then come off and there are more screws behind the panel once you have it removed to get the rest of the housing off to get at the return spring and actuator on the right side of the door. The return spring is number 10 and the actuator is number 35.