Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a LG dishwasher model LDF6810ww. The dishwasher does

I have a LG dishwasher model LDF6810ww. The dishwasher does not dry the dishes(They are very wet). Also have red mold like stuff in bottom under grate and around soap dispenser and in round hole with grate coveing it on door. Some one told us that our air line was probably clogged because water comes out of air return on sink when dishwasher is running. My husband just blew air though that line and yucky stuff came out. Now I need to know if I should do anything else to clean it. Thanks
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you really want to clean out the dishwasher well by running an empty cycle with a product called "Dishwasher Magic" which you can pick up at Sears or often times at Home Depot / Lowes. This will clean out everything in your dishwasher including the drain lines and sump assembly.

As for the dishwasher not drying, newer dishwashers don't tend to dry well at all because of government energy regulations. Probably the best thing to do is change your rinse agent to "Jet Dry Turbo" if you're using rinse agent and this should fix your problems. If you're not using rinse agent, then this would definitely fix your problems because dishwasher can't dry anymore without a rinse agent.

If you continue to have problems, you could have a bad control board or a bad heater. you'd need to remove the lower front panel below the door and test continuity through the heater below the tub to see if the heater has continuity or not. If it doesn't have continuity then the heater would need to be replaced. If it does have continuity then you'd need to replace the control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't see a filter in the bottom of dishwasher. Does this dishwasher have a filter? Do need to take the grate this on bottom apart to clean?

Below is a link to the filter so you can see what it looks like. But yes the wash arm and the screws going into the filter assembly would need to be removed to remove the filter.

CLICK HERE to see filter

But you really don't need to manually clean it if you run a cycle with Dishwasher Magic.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok great. Any other thing I should know or do to keep this from happening again?

If you run and empty cycle with white vinegar in a cup facing upwards, the cup will overflow as the cycle goes on and it will keep the dishwasher keep a regular maintenance if you do it about once every 3 months or so. Once it gets to the point you're at right now, you'll need something stronger like Dishwasher Magic.