Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a kenmore Elite Refrigerator Model XXXXXXXXXXX Side

I have a kenmore Elite Refrigerator Model XXXXXXXXXXX Side by side and it's randomly beeping and the display panel (outside door display) is functioning while the beeping is cycling. When the beeping stops, the control panel is fully functional to dispense water, ice and operating any of the buttons. Not when the beeping is accruing... I have replaced the control board at the rear lower access with no success. Would it be the display board key pad (outside door display) or the control board behind the water/ice panel?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you re-send the model with a space between each number so that I can see it?  The website is blocking the model because it looks too much like a phone number so all I can see is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
kenmore Elite Refrigerator Model 1 0 6 5 7 7 0 5 7 0 1
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
OK so there are quite a few control boards on this unit. Can you tell me what part number you replaced? Also, if you listen closely, where is the beeping coming from exactly? Does it come from the dispenser? The control panel inside the refrigerator section? Down on the back of the refrigerator?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's coming from behind the dispenser and the control board that I replaced is the one in the back item #(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
OK perfect. Now is the beeping evenly spaced out or very sporadic and random while it's beeping?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sportive and random.. When it's beeping none of the buttons work on the panel. When it stops beeping, the panel is operational.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
OK I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't an even beeping sound like the refrigerator thought the door was left open or something like that. If the beeping is sporadic, you either have a bad touchpad or a bad display board itself. The next time its beeping, press and hold one of the button on the touchpad and see if it stops beeping. If it does, you need a new touchpad. If it continues to beep (which is the most likely possibility) you'd need to replace the display board. The part number for the display board is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand for the touchpad you'd need to call a parts store like Searspartsdirect because it comes with the entire assembly with all the boards and such and there are 3 listed for different colors so you'd need to call to make sure you got the correct part number for your unit.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You don't think it'd be the Electronic control PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNNlocated behind the dispenser?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
It would not no. That just power the display board and sends power to the auger motor and such. The speaker is actually mounted on the display board and the display board is what has all the logic built into it.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.