Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

my Maytg dishwasher fills with water but, when the washing

my Maytg dishwasher fills with water but, when the washing cycle is supposed to start I hear a rumbling noise for a few seconds, then the dishwasher is silent for a few seconds and makes the rumbling noise again and then shuts down completely. Any ideas?
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

Can you get me the complete model number off the unit. The complete number is XXXXX the tag on the door frame or inner frame edge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model number is XXXXX

One of the impellers has likely broken off or something could be stuck down below by the chopper impeller. You need to disassemble the pump to check the impellers both the upper one and the very lower one that does the chopping. If something like a piece of plastic or hard food is down there it will rumble around then jam. You can watch this video to take it apart and get down to the chopper assembly. Hopefully you just have something down there jamming it up.