Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

My KitchenAid Refrigerator Mod # XXXXX is beeping and

My KitchenAid Refrigerator Mod # XXXXX is beeping and clicking. I cleaned the condenser coil section and fan. The refer is at temp and the comp. appears to be operating fine. The cond. fan is the one that keeps cycling on and off. The electronic board is beeping lightly and one of the relays is clicking.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

The fan motor is stopping and starting? Just to be sure I am understanding correctly.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It doesn't completely stop. The relay clicks off and then back on again. It only seems to happen when the refer hits setpoint. When it's cooling down to reach temp for either the freezer or refer it runs normally.

Thanks Glenn, give me a few minutes to look at the diagrams for your model

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok!

Your relay board is going to need to be replaced. I know that is really bad news. That board is no longer made by the manufacturer. Nor is it sold. What you can do is send it to have rebuilt and there are good companies that do that. Sears is the company I would contact, they have a repair company who rebuilds boards for them. You need that board.

If you have questions about my answer please click the "Reply To Link" I will be happy to explain anything that is not clear.

Please do not forget to leave a rating. If you have a problem leaving a rating please let me know.

Thanks,
Barry