Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

my Panasonic inverter microwave nn-st656w bottons and number

my Panasonic inverter microwave nn-st656w bottons and number appear but when i press the start it does not work.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Hi, the problem here is a common one, the start button has shorted on the touch pad, First thing to try is shutting the power off then grab a hair dryer, warm the touch pad up around and on the start button, massage the button once it's warm in a attempt to get it to free up. Plug the unit back in then try it. If this fails to clear the problem the touch pad will need to be replaced.

On some models the touch pad is built into the control board so the control board will need to be replaced. If separate the control panel or membrane will need to be replaced.

Take the model number to a local appliance parts supplier to order the replacement part.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok mike in will try it and then reply back with the result. but thank you so much for the prompt reply.

Ok your welcome, dont forget if the hairdryer does not work the touch pad will need to be replaced.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry mike but the start botton works but it say child does that mean it has a child lock on it.

Ok yes Lemusu that means either the child lock is on.

Push and hold the key with the lock symbol for 5-10 seconds until the control unlocks.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is no lock symbol only a a circle with a triangle in the middle thats red and a green for the start.

Ok try this

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you now its unlocked and the start button works. but now when i put in say 1min the start button doesn't work.

Ok so hit the start button 3 times, let me know if the child lock goes back on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you very much you r the best. i would like to rate you now please.

Your welcome Lemusu :)