Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Model MHWE300WV12. Front door is locked at end of cycle.

Model MHWE300WV12. Front door is locked at end of cycle. no other buttons will work...pause/stop....start, etc. No error code showing...just the red light indicating the door is locked. How do I reset or unlock the door.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to check out that model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no problem...go ahead

Ok did the water drain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so far as I know...yes. It was at the end of the cycle and had stopped.

Ok in order to get the door open unplug the machine, take the panel out from under the door by removing the 3 screws along the botXXXXX XXXXXp.

graphic

Once the panel is out reach up inside the machine to the door lock and pull the manual release tab at the base of the lock assembly.

graphic

The door should pop open and you can then remove your clothes.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, that was easy enough. I got the door open...now what do I do? Will this prevent it from locking again, or, does some part need to be replaced?

Had all the water drained from the machine? If so plug the machine in and then try to start a new cycle, If the door fails to unlock again then it may need to be replaced.

Thanks!

Mike.

Thank you for the positive rating. It was my pleasure helping you today. Please get back to me here at any if you have additional questions :)