Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

GE Washer WJRE5550H1WW doesnt spin or agitate. Tried reset

GE Washer WJRE5550H1WW doesn't spin or agitate. Tried reset by unplugging/replug & open/close lid 6 times. It did spin one time, but didn't agitate. Can't get it spin again.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there is really a lot of things to check as to what is causing the problem. But to be able to check anything, you need to remove the front panel so let me explain how to do that. To access, use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel. These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel. If both clips are pushed back, the front panel will unclip and hinge forward and down so that you can access the motor which is what we need to diagnose the problem. There is a light that flashes on top of the motor to tell you what problem you're washer is experiencing. Below is a link to will explain what all the flashing lights mean and what needs to be done.

CLICK HERE for light sequence information

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There's no light flashing on top of the motor. Should I check fuse?

Yes. Either the fuse is bad or the entire motor would need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The fuse checks okay. Plugged in and the green light on motor flashes 6 times. What do I check & how do I do it?

6 flashes – This means that the motor cannot turn. Clear the code and if the problem still exists follow these instructions. To check, this first remove the belt and attempt to turn the big pulley. If it turns freely both ways replace the motor. If the big pulley, is stuck the shifter needs to be replaced.