Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I did the diagnostics on my maytag bravos x. I turned the knob

I did the diagnostics on my maytag bravos x. I turned the knob until the "done" light is on and pressed the start button. Now, the sensing, wash, rinse, spin, and done lights are flashing. Help
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The error code should be a series of 2 sets of lights. So it should flash "A< B F" lights or something like that. Can you tell me what 2 sets of lights appear?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All if the lights are flashing. They flash about 1/2 a second apart and keep flashing
OK so you need to turn the knob 1 click to show the first error code. Can you do that and then tell me what error code appears?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sensing, rinse, done at the same time and then done by itself
OK perfect. So this error code means that your lid switch assembly has failed and the lid switch would need to be replaced.

To clear the fault codes, turn the dial until all the status LEDs are illuminated. Then press and hold the start button for 5 seconds to clear the error codes and exit the diagnostics mode.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I turned the knob a couple of more turns and got these lights- sensing, spin- then done. Next turn I got sensing, rinse,spin, done- then rinse, done by them selves, then sensing, rinse,spin, done with done flashing by itself after. Do these mean anything?
These are all old error codes. You only care about the first error code that appears. All old ones can be from years ago. Thats why I gave you the instructions to reset the error codes so that you can reset them and clear it all out so you're not dealing with old error codes.