Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

maytag centenenial washer. The plastic connection on cold water

maytag centenenial washer. The plastic connection on cold water intake seems to be crosstreaded. cant get my new hose to tightened on straight. not leaking but concerns me
Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. can you get me the model number so I can better assist you ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, let me see if I can find it

okay thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Two numbers

MVWC300VMO

CW4122180

okay give me a few minutes, please stand by.
okay found it, so the water valve itself is cross threaded ? Water Inlet Valve(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the cold water connection. again, I have new water line on and tightened up without a leak but you can tell it is connected at an angle.
Just concerned about it leaking Thanks

well if its not leaking then it should be fine , I would keep an eye on it however, now and then check it. if it starts leaking you will need to replace the valve to fix it. heres a link in case. Water valve its around $45.00 , I hope this helps, Please remember to rate my service 3 or above before you sign off, If you need more info, please ask me - I'll be happy to reply. You can always ask follow-up questions until you have the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you! Bryan