Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my ice maker when it fills with water, it keep on slowly water

my ice maker when it fills with water, it keep on slowly water runs and starts over flowing like drip drip dip!!!

Tyler Z. :

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Tyler Z. :

Do you happen to have a model number for your refrigerator? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section.

Customer:

csd2324ar

Tyler Z. :

Perfect, thank you.

Tyler Z. :

So there is really only one thing that can cause the icemaker on this unit to keep dripping and overfilling. The problem is with your electronic water valve on the back of your refrigerator. The solenoid that opens and closes isn't sealing up properly so it's allowing water to drip through.

Tyler Z. :

Now this is the part on the back of your refrigerator that your water supply hose from your house connects to so if you just pull the refrigerator forward, you can follow the water line to locate the part.

Customer:

yes....I know where that is

Tyler Z. :

The part number for the valve is 61005626 and below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace to fix the issue.

Tyler Z. :

CLICK HERE for valve

Tyler Z. :

Was there anything else you needed to know?

Customer:

Do you think this i my problem??

Customer:

is

Tyler Z. :

It's the only thing that would cause the fill tube to keep dripping into the icemaker so I'm very sure this is your problem.

Customer:

on the cover where it covers the dial. It has a diagram and iy show on that part V water valve

Customer:

it

Customer:

and other letters for what it is

Customer:

Its not that unit?

Tyler Z. :

So yes, on the head of the icemaker there are a couple of holes where you can stick a jumper wire to power thinks like the icemaker motor or the water valve if you put a wire between "L" and "V", it would allow water to filling into the icmaker. You really only need to worry about those things when the icemaker is no longer making ice and you're trying to diagnose why.

Tyler Z. :

But no, the problem is not the head of the icemaker

Customer:

ok

Tyler Z. :

If the head of the icemaker was bad, it would either continue to cycle, not cycle at all, not call for water, or just keep calling for water at full blast and flood the freezer

Customer:

ok

Tyler Z. :

was there anything else I could help you with today?

Customer:

not at all....never aid it was your problem...

Customer:

never problemsaid I thought it was your

Tyler Z. :

I'm not sure what you mean?

Customer:

never said it was you problem sir.

Tyler Z. :

I just thought I'd explain what happens when the head of the icemaker fails is all.

Tyler Z. :

Since it seemed fitting in that you were talking about the lettering and such on the head of the icemaker

Customer:

thank you sir I willorder that part

Tyler Z. :

no problem. Sorry about the bad news today. I hope you can enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Customer:

do you know about tha cost of it

Tyler Z. :

Yes, the valve is about $50-60 or so.

Customer:

thanks

Tyler Z. :

never a problem