Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

the racks in my oven keep falling off the shelf edges when

the racks in my oven keep falling off the shelf edges when anything heavy (like dutch oven) is placed on them. It seems like the very top and the very bottom are alright but the gap seems the greatest in the middle. I have checked to make sure the racks are not bent. Is there anything I can do to stabilize or pull the center of the oven walls in?

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..does it look like its bowed out in the centre ,how old is the range ? thx

Randy 43 :

do you have a model number ?

Customer:

it does look like it is bowed in the center. it's about 15 years old. model #mer5775raw

Randy 43 :

I have run across that before , the range reqs a oven liner , but i just looked and it is not replaceable ,the only thing you can do is contact Whirlpool customer service ,send them some pictures and see if they will replace the range or possibly give you a prorated exchange ..but its not a part you can get into and repair , if they made the part available it probably wouldnt be worth the money to put into being 15 yrs old ..only other thing is some other makes may have slightly wider racks ,measure how wide yours are and go to a appliance store that deals in older parts and see if you can purchase slightly wider rack

Randy 43 :

whirlpool bought out maytag

Customer:

thank you

Randy 43 :

good luck

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

might it be possible to attach screws to the sides and using wires and a turn buckle, twist it until the sides pull back into alignment.. Are their any elements on the side walls that would be damaged if this was tried?

there arent any elements in the side , you can try that but the enamel will most likely crack ,and i personally think that the the metal is already weak and will probably go back
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank youy

any thing is worth a try