Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a MAH6700AWW in the spin at #7

I have a MAH6700AWW in the spin at #7 the water starts to fill and at the end they are wet. when I put on spin only it buzzes for 20 to 30 sec. or more then will finally spin out. when I put it in the test mode and hit temp & soil a u6 comes up on quick speed test it goes back and forth from 10 23 54 53 61 70 93 10 99 and soon on. S#14650449JR the clothes are real wet at the end of wash Kenneth XXX XXX XXX XXX

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the fact that the water fills at 7 minutes is normal. That is water which is meant to spray in and even out the softener if you are using liquid softener. That isn't an issue, but the fact that the washer won't spin is an issue. This means that you either have a bad main control board, or one of your windings on the motor has failed. There are 3 windings on the motor. You will need to test continuity with a multimeter between all 3 combinations on the windings. There are 3 winding on the motor and 3 wires go to the windings. Below is a picture which shows you which 3 wires go to your winding. You need to test continuity through 2 of these wires (1 & 3, 2 & 3, or 1 & 2). They should all read 3.0 ohms and if not, replace the motor. If they all test good, replace the main control board.

graphic

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

the motor is oky I can get it to spin out thought the spin only button

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
The motor will still spin even if 2 of the windings are good, but it would just be slower than it's supposed to be. Either way, if the motor is good that makes the diagnosis simple because you'd need to replace the main control board then.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.