Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whirpool wdf510payw not drying. I have a pretty new (few

Whirpool wdf510payw not drying.

I have a pretty new (few months) whirpool wdf510payw dishwasher where the heating element does not seem to operate. The light is on for heat dry, there is rinse aid in, it is draining well. I have never had a unit where it didn't work. Is this common? Have you heard of recalls of this kind? Anything else to look there a way to test the circuit for the element? Thank you very much, Michael
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there are no recalls but I will say that the dishwasher is designed to not finish the cycle and start beeping in the middle of the cycle if it's really not heating. If it's not doing that, then you have a bad control board. But with all that being said, please understand that these dishwasher do NOT dry as well as older dishwashers. With all the regulations the government is forcing onto the manufacturers, the dishwashers are designed to use much less energy and as a result, the dry cycle doesn't work well at all. They certainly will not dry without some form of rinse agent anymore, but if you want really good result, use "Jet Dry Turbo" and the dishwasher should come out dry. If they don't, call warranty because the unit is only a few months old and it sounds like your control board is bad since the dishwasher is finishing the cycle but not turning the heating element on to dry.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!