Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Whirlpool ceramic cooktop GJC3054RS dual burner will not work.

Whirlpool ceramic cooktop GJC3054RS dual burner will not work. All other burners working fine. Cook top is less than two years old. When the burner control is turned on the on/off light does come on. Is there a fuse or do it yourself replacement part that typically fixes such a problem?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

The problem here will either be the burner or the infinite switch (under the on off knob)

There is unfortunately no fuse so you will need to take a look at the burner and check it for damage, If you see damage then replace the burner. If the burner looks good then the infinite switch is going to be the problem and will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are both of these parts simple bolt in/plug in parts? I installed the unit so I am confident in being able to remove the unit and replace the parts if this is the case. Any recommendation on where I can look up the part numbers and order replacements? Thanks.
Yes just a case of a few screws and wires, fairly easy on both parts.

After rating me Brent bookmark this page, once you have figured out which part is faulty come back and I will look up the part numbers for you :)

Thanks!

Mike.