Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

I have a Samsung RF266AEPN French door refrigerator. About

I have a Samsung RF266AEPN French door refrigerator. About three months ago we noticed that the unit buzzed whenever the doors were closed. We also noticed that the ventilation holes in the back of the refrigerator section were blocked by ice build up and the refrigerator itself was at 45 degrees despite the temperature display saying "34". We unplugged the unit and kept the doors open for several hours or overnight until the ice is melted and then plug it back in -- it seems like we have to do this every 2 weeks or so. What do we need to fix to get it working normally without us having to defrost the whole thing all the time?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 8 months ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

The ice that you are seeing is that like white frost? Do you have water under the drawers also?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

The ice looks more like clear to milky ice, thought it's a bit difficult to tell because it's covering white Styrofoam. When this first happened, I pulled out the produce drawer on the bottom and there was a significant amount of water but I had chalked that up to my kids not holding their kids up to the water dispenser properly (it's inside), but I just went and looked again and there is water under the bottom drawer but it's more towards the back.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX question, have you ever removed the rear wall in the fresh food section?

Barry
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

No, I have not.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 8 months ago.
I understand, I will get that sheet for you and put it in with the answer so you will have it. Give me a few minutes to get that and type.

Thanks,
Barry
Expert:  Barry G. replied 8 months ago.
The first thing you will want to do is remove the rear inside wall in the fresh food section and clear out the ice. There is a file I have uploaded for you just below to show you how to get in there, also scroll down to the last picture. Where that arrow is pointing is a drain. You will need to clear the ice from there as well. That will help some. Below is a link to a part that you will need to replace. Its a sensor, and that will take care of the cooling part as well as the frost/ice.

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Temperature-Bar/DA3200006Q/1668597?RCAID=1000064

Below is the sheet to help you get in there. Its not exact but it is very close...

CLICK HERE FOR SHEET

Once you get the ice cleared and the sensor replaced which is attached to the coils behind that panel everything will return to normal again.

If you have questions about my answer please click the "Reply To Link" I will be happy to explain anything that is not clear.

Please do not forget to leave a rating. If you have a problem leaving a rating please let me know.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hi Barry, I took a look at the sheet and I am guessing it cuts off, because the last step is to remove the evaporator and that's it...nothing comes next and it doesn't show the part you described anywhere.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 8 months ago.
Hi there Nicola.

There are 2 pages, the last picture on the 2nd page is where the drain is. Skip everything else, That sheet is to help you get to the drain you do not need to remove anything but the rear fresh food wall.

Thanks,
Barry